Nicolai Rosen on Tue, 14 Dec 1999 16:42:43 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] Dual Mode Modem

It's not just going to be tough, it's going to be impossible. Winmodems don't work under Linux. At all. All other modems do. So this other one should work.

The toughest thing I have experienced with just going with an all
Linux system has been the modem and my system. It has a Win
Modem. Linux installs fine and works OK but getting it to see the
modem has been many fustrating hours..I have read help files and
the HowTo's but still have problems.