Darxus on Sun, 19 Dec 1999 12:57:02 -0500 (EST)

[Plug] what do people want out of plug talks

I'm still trying to get a grasp of what it is that people want to get out
of these talks.  These are my guesses:

People who are totally unfamiliar with the subject:
I think these people want "look this is easy, this is all you have to do,
and this is why you want to do it".

People who have some familiarity with the subject:
For these people, I think the goal should be to get them to realize
something new that they were unaware of, and make them want to try it.

So basically, I think you want to get people interested in the subject
enough that they will then go read the fucking manual themselves, and
start learning on their own (or learn more about new aspects of the
subject on their own).

So.. what do you guys think ?

                      "There is no spoon."