Bill Jonas on Sun, 19 Dec 1999 12:37:21 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] Remember that problem I had with X a couple months back? :) (including general ramblings and questions)

> > Note: printer doesn't print plain text.
>
> Yes it can.  I used a2ps but enscript or mpage should work as well.
> BTW, has anyone done a feature-by-feature and bug-by-bug comparison
> among those three packages?  See my patch to magicfilter in my other
> e-mail.

I think that what was meant is that plain ASCII text sent to the printer
will not work.

Also, check out http://www.linux.ie, everybody.  This is the homepage for
ILUG (Irish LUG), and it is *very* well done, with lots of content, IMO.

Bill

PS  Another question about windowing environments -- If an app is written
for, say, GNOME, am I correct in assuming that it can't be run under, say,
KDE (or vice versa)?  Or is it just necessary to have the libraries for one
or the other installed?