Mental on Mon, 3 Jan 2000 18:25:34 -0500 (EST)

[Plug] GeForce vid cards

Well..... earlier today I decided to get myself a present. So I strolled
over to the local PC shop and picked up a creative labs annihilator pro
card. Let me explain.....

I'm a huge game fan. Actually its a bit simpler than that. I'm a non
recovering addict of Id Software games. Doom-Quake3. I just love first
person shooters. My addiction has forced me to abandon the 'supported'
list of video cards in X. Eventually nvidia is supposed to release a
driver for the GeForce (chipset on my vid card). In the mean time I've
found a great X server here: http://www.s2.org/~jpaana/nv/

So... if you want a screamin vid card that works well in X, look no
further. I'm running it at 1600x1200 (which is pretty standard for me)
and its fast, stable and very nice.

Then there's the performance in games....... wow.

Mental
--

"you make insanity respectable."
--Helcat on the subject of Mental.