Michael W. Ryan on Mon, 3 Jan 2000 18:05:47 -0500 (EST)

Re: apt (was: Re: [Plug] redhat 6.1 insllation)

On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Mental wrote:

> Whats the point of this entire thread?

Because Darxus accidentally hit a nerve with his "unless you use debian"
response, and the discussion quickly degenerated into some people
explaining to  how apt-get works (thank for the explanation, BTW).

The "nerve" (and no, it's not worth aplogizing over.  I should apologize
for responding snippily) is the incredulity that I tend to encounter when
PLUG members discover that I use Red Hat and am happy with it and that I
script in Python and have no desire whatsoever to learn Perl.  I feel that
I am continually expected to defend my choices.  Debian isn't the only
good distribution out there and Perl isn't the end all and be all of
scripting languages.

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 2000
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

PGP fingerprint: 7B E5 75 7F 24 EE 19 35  A5 DF C3 45 27 B5 DB DF
PGP public key available by fingering mryan@unix.netaxs.com (use -l opt)