Darxus on Mon, 17 Jan 2000 17:23:34 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] HOMM III for Linux

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Aarune J. Oracle wrote:

> manufacturers are movin the products over.  Right now there is only 2
> things I cannot do under linux, and I am not all that knowledgable of the
> OS.   One is view the exported directories on an exchange server, and

According to
http://support.microsoft.com/support/exchange/content/whitepapers/intprot.asp
exchange uses LDAP for its directories.

According to http://www.washington.edu/pine/changes/4.00-to-4.01.html 4.01
was the first version of Pine to support LDAP for addressbooks.  (It needs
to be specified at compile time, I don't know if common packages do so)

> another is play my favorite games.  Once I can do those two things, I will
> never have to use windows again.

http://www.winehq.com

DirectX (including Direct3D) support has been added.  It is not yet
accelerated, but I figure it'll happen (the Direct3D support was
implemented using mesa).  There is a problem w/ mouse support w/ current
stable X servers, but I'm told (by the guy doing both DirectX & mouse
stuff in wine) that mice work fine in games w/ the current unstable X
servers.  Lionel Ulmer is my hero.

             Find the next largest prime, be famous:
                http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm
                      "There is no spoon."