Kyle Burton on Tue, 18 Jan 2000 09:59:53 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] sorry. but, i am kinda lost :)

I've written a little peice on how to get help (once you're logged in under
Linux):

  http://www.bgw.org/tutorials/operating_systems/linux/where_to_get_help.php3

I tried to write it so it would be of use to new users -- but one of the
biggest barriers isn't how to find out how something works, but rather
to find out what there is for you to do -- i.e. there's no help page on
how to connect to an ISP, but that's what the HOWTOs are for.

Knowing how to use the 'less' command can help when trying to read the
HOWTOs -- the tutorial shown above should show basicly how to use 'less'.

Good luck -- this list will be a good place to ask for help, so don't be
afraid to ask any questions at all.  There is rhyme and reason to how things
work under Unix, and though the learning curve is steep at first, it's not
as hard as it might seem.

We were all new users once.

The personal computer market is about the same size as the total potato chip
market. Next year it will be about half the size of the pet food market and is
fast approaching the total worldwide sales of pantyhose"
    -- James Finke, Commodore Int'l Ltd., 1982