Hugh Brock on Mon, 14 Feb 2000 13:03:45 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] jobs at Ars Digita

Hi everyone!

Thanks to everyone who responded to my request for a Unix/NT sysadmin
last week. I got five responses, all of which I forwarded to
WineAccess. Hopefully they'll have someone hired and in place within
the next couple of weeks.

I don't want to be accused of going to the well too often, so I
promise this will be the last I'll say on this subject for a long,
long time. However:

As those of you who've been to the last couple of PLUG meetings know,
I recently started working for Ars Digita, a Cambridge, MA web
development company. The company has grown from 10 people to 76 over
the last year, and we intend to add another 150 programmers by the end
of this year in offices all over the country. In addition to
completing projects for clients, every programmer at Ars Digita is
responsible for maintaining and extending the open-source web
development toolkit (the Ars Digita Community System) that we base all
of our sites on. Among other things, open-source insures that our
code won't be hidden in obscurity in some client's site, but will be
used by people the world over who develop their own sites using our
stuff.

Part of my job (when I'm not coding) is finding people to staff the
Philadelphia branch we hope to open in the next two or three
months. We pay *very* competitive salaries, plus bonuses, plus the
requisite stock options. We are growing very fast, we are closing a
deal with a top-tier VC firm, and we expect to go public by the end of
the year. Our clients include Oracle, HP, Siemens, and other major
corporations, as well as a wealth of promising startups like
WineAccess (my current project). You can find details on all of the
above at www.arsdigita.com.

If you are interested in talking to me or anyone else at Ars Digita
about the possibility of working with us, email hbrock@arsdigita.com
and I'll provide all the information I can.

Once again, for those of you *not* looking for a job, sorry for
spamming the list with this, and I promise it'll be the last time.

Thanks,
--Hugh