Aarune J. Oracle on Sat, 19 Feb 2000 23:51:50 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Microsoft's statement about Solaris-based Hotmail (old)

Yea I got it, it is nice and a sinch to install.  I got everything set up
and working the way I liked it, except one thing, I didnt know where in
solaris to set up a default gateway and the resolv.conf I made didnt work.
(I am not too swift on solaris)  It didnt install the networking properly
during the install, this I know cause I couldnt get it to recognize the
internet DNS servers through my ISDN router.  Or I would be using it a bit
more.

And when you do install it be prepaired for at least a 2 hour install.  My
system is a K6-2 333 w/ 128Megs of ram.  But 4 CD's is alot.

--
-Rune

In a display of perverse brilliance, Carl the repairman mistakes a room
humidifier for a mid-range computer but manages to tie it into the network
anyway.
		-- The 5th Wave

it's the same old story; boy meets beer, boy drinks beer... boy gets another beer.
		-- Cheers