Joel A. Matz on Sun, 20 Feb 2000 10:52:58 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Solaris 2.8

I will probably do an Intel box first, as I don't have parts to put
together a Sparc.

Their Hardware Compatibility List is like Linux circa 1995.

I have a file server with a P200 MMX that looks like the best candidate
(runs RH6.0 now).  Before I can install, however, it needs a different
CD drive (the existing Acer 767E is not compatible), more memory (has 48
meg, needs at least 64) and possibly a different video card (currently a
diamond viper 330, not on the list, but I have a trident TGUI9440
downstairs in a box somewhere, and that was on the list).

I keep loooking at ebay, hoping to find a Sparc cheap, but no luck
yet...

Joel.