Aarune J. Oracle on Sat, 19 Feb 2000 23:39:52 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Usability Issues.

On Sat, 19 Feb 2000, fourje wrote:

:Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 01:38:30 +0000
:From: fourje <fourje@netscapeonline.co.uk>
:To: "plug@lists.nothinbut.net" <plug@lists.nothinbut.net>
:Subject: [PLUG] Usability Issues.
:
:Hmm. I've been lurking in the Hotmail Thread and came across a comment
:where they said :
:
<CUT>

:
:It also seems to me - after listening to many competent Unix sys. admins
:that one of the joys of Unix is the ability to configure Unix via plain
:ol' text files.
:

Now you can edit Text files in Win* most ini files are just that.  If you
know what you are doing you can set up your system directly through them,
not all, but some. I am not putting down the ability to edit text files in
*nix in fact i like to do that, but you can edit text files to do alot of things in
windows too.  It is just nowhere near as easy and pointing and grinting at
a pull down menu.

You can also hack the registry if you so choose, you just have to know
what you are doing, but then again that is with anything you do.

You can even set some of this up sop that you can do it remotely too.

But I still like the GUI's and I use the ones that come with the Linux
distrio's.  It is all a matter of taste.

--Rune