Bob Stanfield on Sun, 20 Feb 2000 10:52:55 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] News - Sorta

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, John Lavin wrote:

> "A partnership with Microsoft Corp. called PA PowerPort to create the
> nation's first statewide Internet portal to help businesses that want to
> go online, potentially allowing residents to register cars, buy hunting
> licenses and transact other business with the state.  Part of a $20
> million enhancement of the state's 'e-government' program."

	A couple of month ago I found that the PA Web Sites were posting
their reports in M$ format. I threatened to sue under the Sunshine Law
contending that the reports were not open to the public because they
were not in a public domain format.

	I notice they now seem to be in *.pdf format for what ever this
is worth.

	Campaign finance reform anyone?

Bob Stanfield
29 Ledge Lane