Jason Costomiris on Wed, 1 Mar 2000 17:55:31 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] help

On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 10:53:46AM -0500, JFRANCANO3@aol.com wrote:
: PLUG members,
: I have a unique problem that maybe someone in PLUG could help me solve. I own
: a networking infrastructure company that is being forced into e-commerce by
: my largest customer.

Be *extremely* wary of people who want to sell you "e-commerce in a box"
for $50 a month.  They're full of crap.  Their solutions are just "ok" for
sites that have 10 items to sell, but surely don't scale to 3000 items.

Also, don't bet your business on guys who don't do this sort of thing as
their *DAY JOB*.  There are tons of people who will cobble something
together for you on their nights and weekends for cheap, but you're going
to get exactly what you pay for...  You need a company that you can
call during business hours to help you work through issues (if any arise)...

Not to sound like I'm going ballistic at you, but I'm just tired of
"Earl Scheib's E-Commerce".

--
                 Jason Costomiris <><
            Technologist, cryptogeek, human.