Chris Beggy on Thu, 2 Mar 2000 15:44:27 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] help

JFRANCANO3@aol.com wrote:

> PLUG members,
> I have a unique problem that maybe someone in PLUG could help me solve. I own
> a networking infrastructure company that is being forced into e-commerce by
> my largest customer. I need to be able to take orders and process credit card
> transactions all through the web. I sell roughly 3,000 different cables, let
> alone the 500 other related products. I am told that through CGI scripting I
> can achieve total e-commerce. I do not know the first thing about CGI
> scripting, let alone what OS it works on. If anyone has any
> expertise/experience in this field please contact me. This system would
> preferrably work on the Linux OS.

J,

Hello.
I can help, if you haven't already found help, that is!

The advice from the guy from nothinbut.net was good.  In
addition, you will have to select a gateway for credit
card processing.  For that I recommend Cybercash, since
they seem the most linux-friendly to me.  Your current
merchant account processor may also have the capability
for on-line transactions, though.

Feel free to drop me a line if you have more questions.

Chris