DrexelDG on Wed, 8 Mar 2000 13:32:15 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] NIC's and Other things.

Greetings all!

    I have a linux box running RH 6.1, and two NIC cards in there.  I am
going to use it as a firewall/IP packet fowarder for my home LAN.  The two
NIC cards did not work under windows, something about a hardware conflict,
and that it was not responding.  I figured they would work under RH, BUT when
I try to load the machine up, it freezes after it brings up Eth1 and Eth0.  I
figured further that these two cards are DEAD, but I am wondering if anyone
has any knowledge along these lines and prehaps can tell me something I don't
know?

On a related note... I have two rather small IDE hard drives in the same box.
 They are not big enough to do a full RH install by them selves.  One is 1.2
Gigs and the other is just about a Gig.  I got it to see that one was the
master and the other was the slave, but when I go to the install it still
says that there is not enough room for a full install.  Again if anyone can
help me here I would be most grateful, cause it would save me from going out
a getting another HD.  :)

Thanks in Advance.

Anthony