Vettese, Nick A on Fri, 17 Mar 2000 13:29:41 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] Linux server Woes

We are inthe process of setting up a Linux Server at our company.  We have
an HP NetServer LPr (Dual Processors), 1Gig Ram, Local 9Gig SCSI hD (sda)
(Symbios), and 2 SCSI 18Gig HDs mirrored on a RAID Array (sdb) (megaRAID).
Our problem is, that after installation, the system scans the PCI bus first
and finds the MegaRaid controller first.  This causes a problem, because
Linux is looking for the Symbios (sda), which is now sdb.  The MegaRAID
controller goes from sdb to sda, causing all sorts of problems. I would like
to know if there was anyway to scan the internal drive before the extaernal
one.

Problem number two.  Just in case there is no work around for that problem,
here is where we are now.  We put all of our disks on the RAID Array.  We
loaded Linux on the 9 Gig SCSI (sda), and that works fine.  The problem is
that Linux does not see the 2 18Gig SCSI mirrored hard drives even thought
they are on the same channel.  Is there a way for me to have Linux find
these drives?

Thanks,
Nick