CoYoTe on Wed, 22 Mar 2000 06:06:53 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] GeForce DDR & Xfree

Well, i have a litle probleme with my configuration of Xserver
and may be is there someone there which will be able to provide
a solution for.

( please excuse me for my english :) )

My Xserver ( 3.3.5 or 4.0 ) is very instable, when i lauch it , that work
and when i lauch a X11amp,Xmms,Xawtv or mpeg_play, the screen become black
and i have to check the mouse to view my desktop.The probleme is that ,
since this moment screen become black every 2s of inactivity of mouse and
i have to maintain the mouse in a perpetual mouvement :(

It's not a joke ....

I notice this probleme with wmaker, afterstep, enlightenment, gnome ...
except for KDE !! With KDE nothing work properly ( it don't refresh the
x11amp for example ) but no bug ...

this is some unsuccefull method i try:

* Restart the Xserver -> the pb is still there and i have to restart my
computer ( like if i use windows )

* Check every ligne of XF86Config -> still there

* Reinstall Xserver -> still there

* switch off the frame buffer -> still there

* Remove all overclocking set -> still there

So If someone has got an idea .....

   _ __/|    |  Email: coepel@wotan.iie.cnam.fr
   '0.o'     |  Eleve Ingenieur a l'I.I.E ( 2A )
  =(_X_)=    |  IP: 192.168.3.11 UIN: 39747465
     U       |  Residences Elsa Triolet, Chambre C105