Tom Joyce on Wed, 22 Mar 2000 17:46:39 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] I can view my system via dial up

Hi,
I run Linux on my home PC I have the web server running and various other
services by default. I connect to a local ISP with Kppp.  I was using the kfm
browser and was wondering what it would look like in the logs some sites
keep, the Operating System browser type etc., I went to
http://straylight.cso.niu.edu/ncsa/cgi/examples.html and tried one of the
scripts to see my Enviorment variables. I noticed it showed me my remote
address, an IP number. I entered that IP address in my browser and my personal
PC web page appeared. I can Telnet ,FTP via the Internet to my own PC. Of
course this number changes on each dial up.

I don't really have a question but  I thought it was cool and just wondered if
anyone else knows this can be done or cares.

Tom