Marc Pavese on Thu, 6 Apr 2000 10:45:42 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] upenn modem pool

Hi, All.

I am having trouble logging in to the u. penn modem pool using ppp and
chat. My chat script is very simple, it looks for login and password
and gives the appropriate responses. It works fine, but after it gives
the password, I get the response "Only network users are allowed to
connect on this port" (or something... I didn't write it down.)

... So, I guess I am not supposed to authenticate this way. Maybe I am
supposed to use PAP authentication??? I'm not very familiar with this
though. Anyone on this list have ppp working to the Penn modem pool
and care to share their chat script?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated!!

Please cc any replies to my email address because I'm not subscribed
to this list.

Thanks,

			--- Marc.