Michael Leone on Thu, 6 Apr 2000 10:50:56 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Netscape 6 PR1

And here's ZDNet/PCWeeks's take:

"Netscape 6 also introduces a unique interface that we found simultaneously
helpful and frustrating. Buttons have been streamlined to the bare
essentials: Back, Forward, Reload and Stop. Buttons for bookmarks, Home and
MyNetscape have been moved to a slim pseudomenu bar. Component access has
been moved to a slim bar that runs across the bottom of the screen, as have
some menus, such as those for shopping and tools.

These changes serve to reduce the available screen real estate to less than
that provided by Communicator 4.7. Also, unlike IE 5.0, Netscape 6 did not
offer an option to customize the buttons or menu items in the interface."

http://www.zdnet.com/pcweek/stories/news/0,4153,2510507,00.html

Verdict - they liked it, from a technological point of view.