Michael Leone on Wed, 26 Apr 2000 10:41:39 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Install RH 6.1 on a 17G drive - UPDATE

> Ok, not to be too obvious, but did everyone edit the /etc/lilo.conf and
> run /etc/lilo?

I did. Still wouldn't boot, until I booted with a boot disk, and marked the
/ partition as bootable, as well as the /boot partition (2 separate
partitions, in  my case). Then LILO worked fine.

>From what I remember reading, getting a LI ... indicates that the 1st half
of the load worked (system maps?), but the 2nd half did not. Usually due to
invalid disk geometry or (in my case) non-bootable partition.