Joel A. Matz on Thu, 27 Apr 2000 03:34:45 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Inexpensive PCI OpenGL video adapter?

OK, I have a V3 2000 AGP on Redhat 6.0, all the drivers installed, run
the 3DFX tests fine, had Q2 & Q3 test going fine, but UT consistently
seg faults/ core dumps.  Any Ideas on how to get it up & running?  I
haven't been able to find any good HOWTOs.  Muchos Gracias...
Joel

Trevor J Martin wrote:

>       Being a fanatic gamer myself, I did alot of research before I
> upgraded my voodoo 2 card.
> I was still using my windows partition to play games and Q3A hadn't
> made the "linux" announcement yet.
> I still wanted a card that would be compatible in linux and after
> asking people on irc (#linux on efnet),
> came to the conclusion that the Nvidia tnt2 card would be my best
> investment. There were all sorts of promises
> made by Nvidia about OpenGL drivers etc.. . I waited and waited for
> those drivers. I kept hearing about how great voodoo3 cards
> were in linux and finally, when opportunity knocked, traded my $250.00
> Nvidia card to a friend for his $90.00 voodoo3 2000 card
> (temporarily) to test it out in linux. Now I have one thing to say
> about voodoo3 cards... they rock! Linux support is amazing. Not only
> can I play Q3A, I can play Unreal Tournament (which IMHO is alot
> better than Q3A). The performance of a voodoo3 in linux is about the
-snip-