Michael W. Ryan on Thu, 27 Apr 2000 11:52:25 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] html conformance (3.2)

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Darxus wrote:

> It's inefficient.  It works to just put one <b></b> pair around the whole
> thing, but I have to do one on each & every line, just to conform to the
> standard ?

It's bad structure.  And "it works" isn't really accurate.  A more correct
statement is "the browser isn't strict enough to reject it".  Remember,
HTML is used to define a document's structure, not to act as the
formatting in a word processor (think LaTeX versus Word).

> This looks pretty good, but I believe this stuff is not part of html 3.2 ?

No, CSS support is not part of HTML 3.2, but it is part of HTML 4.0, the
current recommendation.  Is there a reason you're writing against 3.2
instead of 4.0?

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 2000
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

No, I don't hear voices in my head;
I'm the one that tells the voices in your head what to say.