John Graham on Fri, 28 Apr 2000 09:06:53 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [PLUG] Dual Nic problem?

Thanks Greg, that took care of it.  I appreciate the help.

thanx again,
john

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Lopp [mailto:lopp@earthlink.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2000 2:20 PM
To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Dual Nic problem?

John Graham wrote:

> Sounds easy enough, although I'm not really familiar with that file. Is
> there a man page or how-to that explains how it should be configured?

It's not a configuration file, it's a script that is run at the end of
system
startup.  Take a quick look at it.....there probably isn't much in it yet.
Mine (from RH6.1) starts with the following comment :

# This script will be executed *after* all the other init scripts.
# You can put your own initialization stuff in here if you don't
# want to do the full Sys V style init stuff.

What you are trying to do is set up eth1 after all of the other Sys V init
stuff.

All you need to do is append the commands that you would use to manually set
up eth1 to the /etc/rc.d/rc.local file.