darxus on Fri, 7 Jul 2000 09:56:48 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Bell atlantic just reduced their prices on DSL

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Kim Dang wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm not a fan of Bell Atlantic, but this is what I have for now.
> They just informed me that they are reducing my fee's for DSL from $49.99 to
> $39.99.
> This was a happy surprise just when I was on the verge of switching.
> Maybe a lot of people are jumping ship?

The price means nothing to me until I see some line speeds.  Bell
apparently likes burrying them.

The best info I could find was "Downstream Connection Speed Ranges:
256kbps - 640kbps".  They don't even list an upstream connection speed.  I
guess the speed is probably comperable to what I've ordered for $50/mo
(608k/128k), but just looking for this info was a gross enough experience
to keep me far away.

Plus there's my 6 free static IPs & no pppoe to deal with.