Nicolai Rosen on Mon, 10 Jul 2000 18:16:05 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] schedulers

You could always use nice. It can't guarantee a particular percent of CPU
cycles, but it'll guarantee priority.

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Andrew Auderieth wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone here knew of any patches to allow for
> guaranteeing a particular percentage of the CPU to particular processes...
>
> I've been looking around for a few days and the most promising patch I've
> come across is "fairsched" (http://fairsched.sourceforge.net) but I was
> wondering if people knew of any others out there...
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> 				Andrew Auderieth
> 				      CEO
> 			Datarealm Internet Services, Inc.
>
> http://www.serve.com/					   info@mail.serve.com

Nicolai Rosen, nick@netaxs.com
http://www.netaxs.com/~nick/

Now is not the time to make new enemies.
	-Voltaire, on his deathbed, after being told to renounce the devil