Kevin Brosius on Wed, 13 Sep 2000 08:59:02 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] IRC efnet success

I know at least one other person was having trouble dropping into the
#plug irc channel at last weeks meeting...  I was finally able to get on
through irc.ef.net which doesn't appear to use ident.  Or tell me I'm
not authorized.  Does anyone know if efnet servers have a blocked domain
list?  It appeared that several of their servers blocked me because of
my domain (isp - netcarrier.net) and not because of ident failures.  I
was able to attach to several servers, get through the ident sequence,
it would try my nick, then I would get a 'you are unauthorized response'
and be booted off.  And repeat, and boot, and repeat, and boot (shou;d
have killed xchat's auto attached option.)

I didn't even seem to be able to get a response from their www.efnet.org
address to look up server names.  That's what lead me to think they
might have a list of blocked domains...

--
Kevin Brosius