ed nestor on Mon, 13 Nov 2000 08:43:21 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] Perl interpreter hangs

Hello PLUG,

Recently I started my Perl interpreter only to find it just hangs there and no prompt appears.  It
has been working fine for two years and all of a sudden this happens.  I never touched the source
code or any thing like that.

I did however recently change my hostname from localhost to a different host name.  I am wondering
if this could be the problem.

I ran an rpm command to verify the package (rpm -V perl) and got this message

/usr/bin/sperl5.00503		problem md5
/usr/bin/suidperl		problem md5

I searched google for info on md5 and md5 checksum and checksum but the info I found was of no help.
I did find out what checksum is, but I don't know how to fix the problem.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Any solutions.  I thought of replacing the files but there might
be more to it than that.  Also, since I changed my local host name that might of caused a problem
with set_ user_ id and that's why this file (/usr/bin/suidperl) is showing up with a problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,	-- Ed