Mike Leone on Sat, 18 Nov 2000 01:47:17 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Installing KDE2 - UPDATE

> On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 08:04:46AM +0500, Mike Leone wrote:
> : So what I did was go thru the whole GNORPM listings, and uninstalling
> : anything that said KDE. Or anything that said it depended on any of
> : those things.
> :
> : By hand.
>
> Sheesh.
>
> Want some cheese to go with that whine?
>
> You couldn't rpm -qa|grep kde?  Oh, that might have involved reading a
> man page.

If my post bothers you, don't bother replying, smartass.That won't
involve you reading or writing anything.

> : (BTW - "rpm -e kde*" did NOT work; idiot thing said there were no
> : packages named kde* installed.
>
> Of course not, you can't blame RPM for an operator condition.  BTW - you
> can't show me a package manager that works that way.

Got that command off a mailing list, as the recommended way to remove
KDE 1.1.12. So go complain to the person originally giving that advice
out.