Michael Leone on Wed, 29 Nov 2000 12:36:11 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] The NIC card blues

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron Ross" <ross@coreference.com>

> > to staples in the area to get some.... I got a netgear card and a
linksys
> > or a intel one... I cant remember which.
>
>  I have used all three with no problems. I believe that both the netgear
and linksys cards
>  use the ne2000 or ne modules.

No; usually NetGear and LinkSys use the tulip driver, since both of these
NICs are usually based on the DEC chipset.

There is a issue with some of the later revisions of this chipset NOT
working properly with the tulip driver (revision ... 2.1d?), according to
some posts I've seen on my Linux Router mailing list.

Have you tried the very latest tulip driver - .92? or is it .93 ?

> at this point, i would go back to the pci cards if i were you.  they tend
to be much easier to deal with.

Without question