Michael Leone on Wed, 13 Dec 2000 12:27:45 -0500

Re: [PLUG] RH 6.2 unstable?

> alright, i agree. sorry about the wrong usage of file manager.
> however, gmc of gnome is in my opinion even more frequently the source
> of crashes than the desktop manager.
>
> i do oppose to file managers in general though. the command line is a
> billion times faster!

1. Linux = choice.
2. There are file managers for command line; see previously mentioned mc.

You sound opposed to windowed desktop environments, and not necessarily file
managers. These are different things, as Jeff's post tried to point out.

3. Some folks don't like to HAVE to type everything; that's why Xerox
invented the GUI, all those years ago.