John Kirk on Tue, 9 Jan 2001 17:57:29 -0500

Re: [PLUG] february meeting location - convention center / cigna

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 05:20:51PM -0500, Walt Mankowski wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 03:05:41PM -0500, Darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> > CIGNA:
> Other problems at CIGNA were lack of net connections and a projector.
> Could these be addressed before the next meeting?

  We have a member who's indicated he can usually bring a projector,
so maybe we only need confirmation of that -- unless the site (more
conveniently) would be willing to provide one.

  The net connection seems real important to me.  Every single meeting
could be a lot better if we made effective live use of the internet.

  Do we have anyone that has Metricom's fast wireless service yet?  It's
only around $80 per month, flat rate, unlimited usage, as far as I know.
It's been on the Left Coast for several years, and came to Philly only
recently.  I've heard it doesn't work very well while in transit, but
otherwise OK.