Rupert Heesom on Fri, 26 Jan 2001 19:27:29 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Plugins and Mozilla

I've got Moz 0.7 installed, but am having quite a lot of trouble with
it.

Where is a good place to get help with Mozilla?

In case you're able to help further, my current issues with Mozilla:

1)  When trying to access secure sites such as amazon.com....error msg
"connection refused when attempting to contact www.amazon.com".
You were saying that the SSL module for Moz (PSM?) is included in the
default install, so I'm wondering why I'm getting this error.

2)  When accessing java enabled sites, the browser asks me to install
the Java2 plugin v1.3 for Netscape 6.   After I download & install this,
the browser crashes easily on the java sites (like a segmetation fault
when I scroll to the bottom of a page!)  It does seem to run the java
apps
though.   I am wondering whether the wrong java version is being
downloaded to my PC.

I've reinstalled Moz a couple of times, if I access a java site without
installing the java2 plugin, the site navigation is fine, except of
course
no java modules run.   It seems that the java plugin really damages the
browser performance.

I wonder if you can comment any further?