Sergey Ostrovsky on Tue, 30 Jan 2001 15:38:19 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] DSL servise question

Hello,
I tried to find an ISP providing DSL in my area.

Several discussions in this list made me think that  :
1) BellAtlantic aka Verizon owns the wires.
     If there is no wires in my neighborhood - I am hopeless.
2) ISPs own networking stuff, have connections to Internet backbone and
     rent these wires ( see 1 ) to make my DSL - connection happen.
     In general I have some choice between ISPs.

However, I found that only speakeasy and magpage have the nearest
station
   Serving CO CLLI Code:
              NWTWPANW
   Serving CO Location:
              NEWTOWN, PA

Verizon and DCA were sorry to tell me the service is not available in my
area.
DCA kindly gave the list of providers it checked with :
- Bell Atlantic ADSL
- Covad DSL
- Conectiv DSL.

Now I think I need to figure out who owns that "NWTWPANW" in Newtown,
and find list of the ISPs working with that guy.

Am I right ? Also, out of curiosity, what does "CO CLLI" mean ?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Sergey Ostrovsky.