Andrew White on Tue, 30 Jan 2001 15:47:37 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] DSL servise question

Hi Sergey,

I work at DCANet.  I checked our log files.  The Covad prequal
system is broken today, and it turns out that DSL services
ARE available to you -- up to 768k -- at your address.

If you are interested in pursuing DSL with us, please feel free
to write back to me off the list.

-Andrew

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Sergey Ostrovsky wrote:

> Hello,
> I tried to find an ISP providing DSL in my area.
>
> Several discussions in this list made me think that  :
> 1) BellAtlantic aka Verizon owns the wires.
>      If there is no wires in my neighborhood - I am hopeless.
> 2) ISPs own networking stuff, have connections to Internet backbone and
>      rent these wires ( see 1 ) to make my DSL - connection happen.
>      In general I have some choice between ISPs.
>
> However, I found that only speakeasy and magpage have the nearest
> station
>    Serving CO CLLI Code:
>               NWTWPANW
>    Serving CO Location:
>               NEWTOWN, PA
>
> Verizon and DCA were sorry to tell me the service is not available in my
> area.
> DCA kindly gave the list of providers it checked with :
> - Bell Atlantic ADSL
> - Covad DSL
> - Conectiv DSL.
>
> Now I think I need to figure out who owns that "NWTWPANW" in Newtown,
> and find list of the ISPs working with that guy.
>
> Am I right ? Also, out of curiosity, what does "CO CLLI" mean ?
>
> Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
>
> Sergey Ostrovsky.

perl -e '$_="0n3r4w w78t4";y/0-9/a-j/;/(\w+)\s(\w+)/;print"--\n$1 ".
"$2\n$1\@$2.com\n"'