Beldon on Mon, 12 Feb 2001 00:41:27 -0500

[PLUG] Political, open-source, T-shirt design

How about a Tux with Franklin glasses, a wig, and waistcoat) doing something
like flying a kite in a thunderstorm-- and the lightning bolt can have the
letters "GPL" on it.  The caption can be something like "Life, liberty, and
the pursuit of source-code"  And on the back could be our name and something
like, "Source code is free speech".

Or maybe the back and front could be reversed.

On the subject of our name.  I've always thought that we should be
"PhillyLUG" or "PhillyLinux" not PLUG.  There are so many PLUGs all over the
world (I can see it now, "You're with PLUG?  Which one?")  At least my last
LUG in north Jesey (Passaic County) called themselves "/dev/plug"  We need to
differentiate ourselves.

I think.

--
For translation:  http://www.kluge.net/ungeek.html