cavegirl on Tue, 13 Feb 2001 09:11:28 -0500

[PLUG] sendmail installation

I am attempting to configure sendmail for a desktop at home on RH 6.2. I
found a script called  install-sendmail, and was busy plugging away at
getting it to run and in the right place. I got all _that_ figured out
and the 'idiot-proof' script has me stumped now. It is telling me to
locate the cf.m4 on my system and gives a command to do so.
In root, I enter: find / -name "cf.m4" -print and I get the following
error: find: /proc/6/fd: Permission denied. I am stumped. This is not my
box, and not the main box of the user I am trying to help out so it
isn't urgent that I get it up NOW. I would, in fact, like to configure
sendmail the dirty way, but existing help is flying way over my head.

I am newbie of about six months and have only myself, online
documentation, and sale books to go off of for now. I enjoyed meeting
everyone at the Feb meeting, I am the pink haired one.

Thanks for any advice

kristin