M. Jackson Wilkinson on Thu, 29 Mar 2001 11:33:46 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Cell Phones & Computers /Nokia/Cingular?

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 11:05:38PM -0500, Charles Stack wrote:
> Cingular has dead spots in Montgomery and Bucks Co (Between Doylestown and
> Pottstown).  Additionally, signal is erratic in Doylestown (I'll have 5/5
> one minute...walk three feet and have a 1/5...take as step to left...3/5).
> Overall, I've lost calls while on Cingular or simply could not get through.
> Voicemail is attrocious with some messages take days to show up on my cell
> phone (literally).

Wow, I'm in Warrington, and go to school at CB West in Doylestown, and am in
town all the time and never have any issues with coverage except when in the
area of school under the clock tower and a few other places where FM is an
issue as well.

> Cellular service was much better when operated by Comcast/Metrophone or even
> Cellular One.

I was going to say that it's improved in this area.