Mental on Fri, 13 Apr 2001 14:10:11 -0400

multimedia, was: Re: [PLUG] wine, quicken, installshield, and hair on the floor

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 12:58:02PM -0400, Michael Leone wrote:
> Also, there's still not a good, reliable Windows Media Player-equivalent for
> Linux, to play all those .ASF only live streaming media sites.
> And WINE choked on Windows Media Player 6.4, when I tried installing it. :-)

I use xtheater to play asf/avi/divx media. There's an smpeg plugin for
xmms so it can play mpegs w/hardware accel if available. If you have the
correct modelines defined, you cna play back stuff fullscreen.

I have not setup either to handle streaming media, so I'm not sure that it
would work or not. You could try configuring netscape to use those
programs as helper apps. Take a look how plugger did it. Its probably the
same technique.

So yes, Linux now supports pornography. And there was much rejoicing.

--
Mental

Its hard to be alone
But its harder to be with you
And I'm a lying liar with my pants on fire
Tearing myself apart
--Rollins Band "Tearing"