Jeff Abrahamson on Tue, 17 Apr 2001 12:00:31 -0400

Re: [PLUG] mutt FROM address

On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 11:11:20PM -0400, Michael C. Toren wrote:
> > > It's *plausible* that usage of the hidden_host variable was broken
> > > some time recently. You might want to check with Michael Elkins.
> >
> > i have contacted him in response to bill's message.
>
> Why not send a message to mutt-users or mutt-dev instead?  Both are
> very helpful, active lists.  http://www.mutt.org/mail-lists.html

mutt-users, not mutt-dev.

They are quite helpful. Just lurking on that list over time has taught
me much about mutt. You can become near-wizard by osmosis. (That said,
hostname and from issues are complicated, because so many entities are
involved. It always takes me a while to figure it out.)

One way to test is to set mutt's idea of how to hand off mail to be
something like "cat > /tmp/foo" instead of invoking /usr/lib/sendmail,
and then looking at the spool files generated as you make ridiculous
changes to variables, like host=asdf.qwer.com, just to see exactly
what's happening.)

--
 Jeff