Bob Razler on Wed, 18 Apr 2001 15:17:00 -0400

RE: [PLUG] SuSE Sound Question

Hello:

	I had my SBLive working under SuSE 6.x with minimal configuring.
I can't remember what I did exactly (lots of help, I know).  But I did
find the online help files at SuSE's website helpful.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of Michael Whitman
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2001 3:13 PM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] SuSE Sound Question

I am trying out Suse 7.1 for my first non-Windows workstation (only used

linux for servers until this point).

I performed the default setup with Yast2.

The sound card (SB Live! Value) seemed to install fine (i could here the

test midi), and I can hear the start up and shutdown midi's fine.

I do not hear any other sounds.  CD Player gives me no sound, neither
does
mahjong game, neither does aol instant messanger.

I see that on older version of Suse had probs with the SB Live!, but it
must be working if I can hear start up and shutdown midi.

What am i missing?