Rupert Heesom on Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:00:18 -0400

[PLUG] crontab entry not working

I'm trying to create a crontab entry which would create a file with the
current day's date as the file name.   To test the cron entry, I put
together the following cron line.  The error I get mailed to me, are the
2 lines below.   Evidently cron doesn't like the "%" I have in the
command.    Is this normal?

If so, would I be able to run the same command using a shell script run
as a cron job?

Crontab line:
*/2 * * * * touch $(date +%a-%e-%m)

Error text :