Michael Leone on Fri, 20 Apr 2001 11:40:24 -0400

[PLUG] Resizing ReiserFS partitions?

Has anybody resized a ResierFS partition, using the resizer program included in the resierfsutils package?

I made my /var a little small (only 850M), and want to resize my /home down a bit, and then resize my /var up a bit.
Ordinarily, I use Partition Magic to resize partitions (thank you, PowerQuest! :--), but I don't know if PM will resize ResierFS, and - I presume - the resizer tool included with the utils will.

Not critical yet, altho I have had to clean up /var a couple times now. (FYI - if you use Ximian's Red Carpet utility to download Gnome updates, it puts all downloaded files in /var/cache/redcarpet/packages. But it never cleans it out - or has an option to do so, anyway -  so you can fill it up pretty quickly, especially with those daily 27M snapshots of the Evolution mail client. :-)