Bill Jonas on Tue, 24 Apr 2001 10:32:32 -0400

Re: [PLUG] register .edu?

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 10:12:42AM -0400, Michael C. Toren wrote:
> I think you're going to have trouble registering a .edu for a k-12 school;
> the recent requirement has been that the organization must be a four year
> degree-granting college or university.

That's what I thought, too, but I've seen domains for 2-year colleges as
well as museums (including Philadephia's own fi.edu).  And don't forget
things like merit.edu.  ;)

bj@neo:~$ host -t soa edu. |head -1
edu start of authority  A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET hostmaster.nsiregistry.NET(

Try mailing hostmaster@nsiregistry.net to see if it can be done.

"As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others,  we should
be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and
this we should do freely and generously."          -- Benjamin Franklin