Kevin Falcone on Tue, 24 Apr 2001 23:36:53 -0400

Re: [PLUG] register .edu?

  BJ> On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 10:12:42AM -0400, Michael C. Toren wrote:
  >> I think you're going to have trouble registering a .edu for a k-12 school;
  >> the recent requirement has been that the organization must be a four year
  >> degree-granting college or university.

  BJ> That's what I thought, too, but I've seen domains for 2-year colleges as
  BJ> well as museums (including Philadephia's own fi.edu).  And don't forget
  BJ> things like merit.edu.  ;)

Up until 1994/1995 you could easily get a .edu (hence my old
high-school is stgeorges.edu) but now, it is virtually impossible.  I
used to work for a company who built sites for almost exclusively
high-schools, and those who tried for a .edu were denied, and ended up
with a .org

I know networksolutions.com had a section on registersing a .edu, but
I can't find it anymore on that bloated piece of crud they call a
website. bah.

-kevin

--
"All scripting languages suck, but Perl doesn't have venomous fangs."
-- Karl A. Krueger