Ian Reinhart Geiser on Sat, 30 Jun 2001 10:30:07 -0400

Da New Guy was (Re: [PLUG] LINUX meetings at the Exton Library)

> The talk I really want to see is Zope and the new Content Management
> Framework (CMF).
>
> Whatever the talk, if someone wants to use a laptop running Linux for the
> talk, mine is running Debian.

Greetings,
	I am new the the area and am very interested in becoming active in the
group. I am more than willing to show off some of the stuff that the KDE
project has been working on if anyone is interested.

	I noticed you are looking for demonstrations of web browsers and office
suites.  Well KDE has both of those things.  While they are still in their
first generations they are starting to become quite impressive pieces of
work.  If people are interested in demonstrations of:
	KOffice - Generation 1 of KDE's office Suite
		Demo would include KIllustrator, Kivio, KPresenter, KSpread and KWord.
	Konqueror - KDE's web browser
		Demo would include CSS support, mime handleing, and general features.
	Basic KDE 2.1 Features
		Demo would inlude DCOP (inter process communication), KIO
		(network transparency), XFT ( Anti-Alias fonts), KParts
		(object embedding), and Arts (sound sub system)

Please let me know, I see from your list traffic that there is very little
coverage of the desktop area of linux.  I am more than willing to show you
what KDE can do to make linux usage more productive.

Thanks
-ian reinhart geiser

p.s. I live near Exton so if we had meetings out there that would rock.  I
have a powerbook G3 that I have LinuxPPC running on.  It has working video
mirroring so it can hook up to any SVGA projector so I am ready to go where
ever....

--
Fortune for the day:
The computing field is always in need of new cliches.