mike_phillips on Tue, 3 Jul 2001 10:50:13 -0400

Re: [PLUG] newbie debian questions / philosophy

> Any suggestions on getting X to work? I apt upgraded already.

To X4.0 ?. My laptop has got an ATI Mach64 based adapter in it (Mobility
Rage AGP) and it works fine. You may want to check the amount of memory on
the video card and ensure it matches what X thinks is there.

The other options is to use the framebuffer device and the xserver for fb.

How good is the monitor, i.e. is it the latest multi-sync that can handle
everything.

> but the ethernet card is problematic.

PCI or ISA ? If its pci just lspci --v to find out the card type.

Mike