Jeff Abrahamson on Tue, 3 Jul 2001 12:00:10 -0400

Re: [PLUG] newbie debian questions / philosophy

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 10:42:06AM -0400, mike_phillips@urscorp.com wrote:
> > Any suggestions on getting X to work? I apt upgraded already.
>
> To X4.0 ?. My laptop has got an ATI Mach64 based adapter in it (Mobility
> Rage AGP) and it works fine. You may want to check the amount of memory on
> the video card and ensure it matches what X thinks is there.

Hmm. This being debian, it's 3.3.6 or some such. (The latest
potato-qualified X.)

This brings up a question that I also have for the kernel: how do I
tell apt that I want a version other than the one it thinks is right?
I wouldn't mind getting X4 if that will help, and I'd be pretty
interested in a 2.4 kernel, especially if I can type "apt-get ..." and
have it happen.

--
 Jeff