Bill Jonas on Sat, 7 Jul 2001 00:40:05 -0400

[PLUG] Comcast@Home?

Does anyone have experience with cable internet access around here?  I
live in Media, I guess I would get it from Comcast@Home were I to get
it.  I just moved across the hall to a larger apartment and I'm hearing
from Speakeasy (whose service I'm *very* satisfied with) that it'll
probably be two months before I get hooked up.  (Wait 30 days or until
my first phone bill comes before I can even *place* the order, then
another 2-3 weeks (yeah right, I'll believe it when I see it) for the
install.)

I'm about to the point of agreeing with a co-worker that DSL is just not
worth the hassle.  I'm investigating the possibility of cable, and I'm
interested to hear what others here think of it.

"As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others,  we should
be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and
this we should do freely and generously."          -- Benjamin Franklin