Jeff Abrahamson on Thu, 12 Jul 2001 16:40:06 -0400

[PLUG] apt-get / dpkg question

I kind of feel sometimes like the PADS list is a big empty room,
there's so little traffic. So this time I'll ask a debian question
here.

Can someone help me understand what the problem is with the following?
(The meat of the problem is the line that says

  mozilla: Depends: libnspr4 (= M18-3) but 2:0.9.1-ximian.4 is to be installed
)

diderot:/home/jeff# apt-get install mozilla
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  mozilla: Depends: libnspr4 (= M18-3) but 2:0.9.1-ximian.4 is to be installed
E: Sorry, broken packages
diderot:/home/jeff#

Background: I tried to install Ximian GNOME using their go-gnome
installer. But it got all messed up and dpkg was inoperable until I
did an apt-get -f install to get rid of a bunch of stuff.

Ximian is not in my sources.list file, but it keeps rearing its head.

Thanks for any help.

--
 Jeff